A Quick Conversation with … Aleks!
This month, it’s all about one of our techies, Aleks! Having been interested in computers since childhood, he works with Zixtel as a server technician, preparing servers for our customers. Learn more about Aleks below!
1. Tell us about where you grew up.
I grew up in Latvia, in a small town called Preili. Only about 6,000 people living there currently!
2. What brought you to Zixtel?
I had been looking for IT job since moving to UK, but I didn’t have much luck for a while. When I saw the ad for the job at Zixtel, I felt like it was made specifically for me.
3. How long have you been in this industry?
Since I was a child, I loved tinkering with computers and everything around them. I was a family’s techie for a long time. I went to college, after which I spent about 4 years in a company doing IT and customer support.
4. What is your role at Zixtel and what do you like about it?
I’m a server technician. I like that I get to play around with a lot of different things, from workstations to all the datacentre equipment. Although I still have lots to learn in-depth, every day is a step forward to that.
5. What is your favourite thing about working for Zixtel?
Our team. Other guys are amazing at their job, I trust them, and I hope they trust me.
6. What would you say is your USP?
I don’t like questions like that, it feels like I’m patting myself on the back! But if I had to choose something, it would be curiosity. I like figuring things out, but sometimes it distracts me from things I should be focusing on!
7. What do you like to do outside of work?
Not much to be honest! I’m the geeky type, so I like games, movies and cartoons in my free time. Some studying here and there when I have the energy. ?
8. Do you have any hidden talents?
I can clap using only one hand!
9. Who is your ideal party guest and why?
Danny DeVito. He seems like a fun guy and I bet he would have some pretty good stories to tell.
10. If you could have anyone play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
Michael Cera. I can relate to most characters played by him.